Hamilton Beach cookers make piles of delightful, comforting rice with virtually no work. These popular pieces of kitchen equipment prepare rice to the perfect moistness and structure, then help to keep rice heated until it’s time to eat. The 37548 model is one of the flagship models in the Hamilton beach range. here are some of the benefits it provides.
About The Product
- With grain rinse/steam basket
- Versatile 2-14 cup capacity
- Great for oats, grits and lotion of wheat
- Delay begin creates morning food and food preparing easier
- Use your own formula or packed rice & grain mixes
- 7-Cups fresh leading to 14-Cups (Cooked)
However, online reviews are mixed – although most are positive. Here a representative cross-section from Amazon
Grateful I purchased this one!
I really desired a compact-sized grain pot but this one came so strongly suggested I made a decision to try it. The features are great and it creates amazing white grain. I found it creates 1 cup of grain completely if you use 1&1/4 glasses of water so now I can make a little bit or a lot based on the problem. I love the automated heating function.
Unreliable and messy
I had fun playing with the settings but just couldn’t get the results I was after. It’s not extremely precise. The grains were often still too crispy, even after increasing the amount of water. Maybe it’s just not designed for brownish grain.
It also has a major flaw. The steam comes out the top and drains all together with the oven making it difficult to clean.
More than a rice cooker
From breakfast to dinner, the Hamilton Beach Rice/Hot Cereal Cooker lets you cook a variety of foods effortlessly. Cook grains, hot cereals or even your favorite packaged rice mix without having to boil water or set a timer. All you have to do is place the ingredients in the nonstick pot, turn it on, select the setting and let everything cook to perfection. Use the included 2-in-1 basket to rinse rice or grains ahead of cooking or use it to steam everything from salmon to zucchini. The delay start lets you plan ahead and have your meal ready when you want it. The cooker automatically shifts to Warm once the cooking cycle is complete.
- Rice rinser/ steam basket in one
- Delay start makes breakfast and meal planning easier
- Use your own recipe or packaged pasta & rice mixes
- Great for oatmeal, grits and Cream of Wheat cereal
- Automatically shifts to warm after cooking
- 2-14 cup cooked rice capacity – 1-7 cup uncooked rice capacity
- White Rice – cooks all varieties of white rice, including short- and long-grain rice
- Quick Rice – great for preparing rice in a hurry
- Whole Grain – for brown rice, farro, quinoa, and other whole grains
- Heat/Simmer – use this function for flavored pasta and rice mixes, beans, soups, and one-pot meals
- Steam Cook- vegetables, meats, fish, and more
- Hot Cereals – great for oatmeal, grits, and cream of wheat
Rinsing rice before cooking helps prevent clumping and creates a fresh taste. Now it’s simple to do with the included steam basket that doubles as a rice rinser.
Wake up to a warm pot of hearty oatmeal or come home after work to a simmering soup. The Delay Start feature lets you program cooking up to 11 hours in advance. Use the Keep Warm setting to ensure your dish stays at the right temperature until you’re ready to serve it.
Six different settings take the guesswork out of cooking. Choose from White Rice, Whole Grain, Heat/Simmer, Steam Cook and Hot Cereals.
Make dinner in one cooking cycle. Steam seafood, poultry, or vegetables in the steam basket while the rice cooks. Or use the Heat/Simmer setting to make your own soups, beans, or flavored pasta mixes.
To get more rice cooker reviews, I recommend that you visit RiceCookerJunkie.com